Saturday 24 July 2010

Wheatacre Marshes 180710 Map RefOL40-482939









Today I decide to explore some footpaths by Wheatacre Marshes, off the A143, Beccles to Yarmouth road near Haddiscoe.
I parked at the start of a track at grid ref OL40-482939 and walked North East to come to a marked footpath running North West to South East. Footpath was clearly marked with a marker post on my left. This is where the fun started as the path was the most overgrown path I have encountered for some time. Brambles, Ferns and Nettles as tall as me and I'm not short! Had the path not been so clearly marked I would have quite doubted its existence. But persevering I eventually passed a dairy farm and onto Low Common Lane, a bridleway clearly marked.
Walking North I was hoping to meet the footpath taking you across Wheatacre Marshes by "Landspring Dyke" to the river Waveney at Somerleyton by the Somerleyton railway swing bridge. But alas my route was blocked by a "Private Road" sign. Ah well, such is life!
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment